Eligibility and Completion Requirements
Each student employment position on campus has eligibility requirements. It is important to look at these requirements before applying for the position. In addition to any additional requirements associated with a specific position, all on-campus internships will have the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 entering the semester in which the internship begins
- Have completed at least 30 credit hours at NIU or another college or university by the time the internship begins
- Must work at least 120 hours in your student employment position during the internship
- Complete the Internship Goals Assessment Form
- Have a mid-semester evaluation completed by your employing department
- Have an end of semester evaluation completed by your employing department
Internship with Academic Credit
- See your academic advisor for the minimum requirements for an internship with academic credit.
- If all requirements of the internship are met the student will earn a notation on their official NIU transcript documenting the work experience along with academic credit through the participating academic unit.