New Employee Orientation
Orientation is conducted on or near the employee's first day of employment. The information covered provides a foundation to a good start at Northern Illinois University. Topics discussed include:
- NIU Overview
- Human Resource Services Overview
- Affirmative Action and Equity Compliance
- Insurance / Benefits
- Training is held every Monday unless it is a holiday. If that occurs training will be the following day, Tuesday.
- Human Resource Services, room 100
- Civil Service (AFSCME members) - 8:00 a.m.
- Civil Service - 8:30 a.m.
- Faculty / SPS - 8:45 a.m.
Contact the HR Service Center at 815-753-6000.